Monday, August 4, 2008

Washington is, well, boring

I definitely thought that all of Washington looked like it does around Seattle, you know, green lush trees, lots of plants. But as soon as we left Idaho we entered Arizona. Seriously, Washington?




But, there are these awesome mini-tornadoes everywhere. You can't really tell from the blurry pictures, but they are these spinning columns of dust in the middle of the fields. You can see them all around across the landscape. Whats up with this stuff?




It is also hot. Dig the makeshift sun shield.

1 comment:

nana said...

Hi there, Did I forget to tell you that Montana was the ONLY scenic state you'd be passing through???
OOPS! Dan, just want you to know that when I get ready to write my book someday, I want you to help me ... I love your comments. Or are those from Angi? (Probably both of you since you both came from my "stock."
I'm assuming by now, having shared the front seats of a van for 3 days, the term "My Space" has taken on a whole new meaning, right? Just think, tomorrow you'll get to join up with Daddy (Hubby) and you'll soon be in Vancouver. Though this road trip never promised you a "rose garden", you'll no doubt find one when you arrive on Vancouver Island later this week. I'm sure you've had a great time! Bonding with one's child (mother) is always a wholesome experience. (smile)

Love you guys ... continued safe trip!

Nana